[mythtv-users] Deinterlacing svideo

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:23:20 UTC 2009

When using my CRT-TV through SVideo I get these messages:
"Video sync method can't support double framerate (refresh rate too low for
bob deint)"

I seem to remember this is caused by the system looking for 60Hz or above
and seeing 59.9Hz due to some round off error or lack of round off.

I also seem to remember someone saying there was a fix for this.

I have searched 6 months of archives but can't seem to find any references
so maybe I was imagining the discussion.

I don't really have a problem with my system, my problem at the moment is my
back went out reading my email this morning (could have something to do with
working in odd positions all day yesterday) so I have too much time on my
hands.  It has thus occurred to me that this was a hanging problem for which
I have not found a solution.

Anyone care to comment?

Allen