[mythtv-users] My Guide is 1 hr forward?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Apr 14 22:51:40 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 14/04/2009, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  2009/4/14 Robin Hill <myth at robinhill.me.uk>:
>>
>>> On Tue Apr 14, 2009 at 09:32:14PM +0100, Greg Cope wrote:
>>  >
>>  >> Using Radio Times all my listings seem to be 1 hour forward?
>>  >>
>>  >> Any clues as to why - system time is right (via NTP).  I have re-run
>>  >> mythfilldatabase.
>>  >>
>>  > Is your system timezone set correctly?
>>  >
>> Not changed it.  ZONE="Europe/London"
>>
>>  date returns a sane value.
>>

> What about your TimeOffset setting in mythtv-setup - "Your Local
> Timezone (for XMLTV)". Do you have it set to something other than
> "None"?
>
> Nick

My on-screen clock in CentOS 5.3 currently shows UTC. It shows the same
figures regardless of the 'local time' or 'UTC' setting, although BST
(UTC+1) has been in force for ~10 days. The MythTV program guide, driven
by the UK DVB-T EIT, is showing the programme data correctly related to BST.

tzdata-2008i-1.el5
kdebase-3.5.10-2.el5 (in case it's relevant)

John P