[mythtv-users] [OT] First Nvidia Ion box - Acer Aspire Revo prices revealed

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:39:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Calvin Harrigan
<charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Is trunk stable enough to be used reliably?
>>
>> I know I'll get jumped on for it, but I've been running trunk for
>> years, and it's been quite stable for me for a long time. Even staying
>> a week or so behind, I've never had any major problems. The theme
>> stuff is still being worked out, but Terra is usable. I have 2 HDHR's
>> using OTA, an HD-PVR, and two PVR-x50's, a master and slave backend,
>> and 3 frontends.
>>
>> As long as you are capable with Linux, don't mind getting your hands
>> dirty, and follow the dev/commits lists, you shouldn't have a problem.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> This is somewhat off topic, but...
> What in the world do you record with 7-9 sources?

Well...I get a decent amount of channels via OTA, and I managed to
pickup a second HDHR fairly cheaply, the PVR-x50's pick up the slack
for stuff that isn't OTA, and also the kids channels, and the HD-PVR
will replace one of the x50's when I get it fully working with the
channel changing. There are nights where the HDHR's are all busy, and
even more so when the hockey playoffs startup.

Tom