[mythtv-users] HDHR working but channel mapping is incorrect

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Tue Apr 14 21:02:04 UTC 2009

> >> What might be nicer still would be if Schedules Direct could brow beat
> >> Comcast and other cable providers into providing them this information
> >> and then having MythTV have some automated way of downloading this
> >> from SD.
>
> Or allow user uploaded information to map out the data.  That it
> something they could easily get the community to give to them.  Only one
> person would have to figure it out in that case.

Now that's a great idea.  There is some risk that the mappings will be
different within the same listing area, so it might not work everywhere,
but it would be really helpful where it does work.

This could be taken a lot further, though.  For example, it would be
nice to simply have the information as to whether the channel is
available in unencrypted QAM or not, so that Myth can use that to
determine if the channel should go to the QAM lineup or the PVR lineup.
Might as well specify also if it's available as an analog channel, and
if it's an HD channel.

The other thing I would like to have is information as to which
subscriber plans each channel is part of, so that I can quickly mask out
the channels that aren't in my package.

All this is a bit of developement work for Schedules Direct, and a bit
of work for a few people to get the data in, but it could be really
helpful for everyone.