[mythtv-users] First Nvidia Ion box - Acer Aspire Revo prices revealed

David Shay david at shay.net
Tue Apr 14 03:39:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Gerald Schepens <schepens at shaw.ca> wrote:

> But would it make a decent frontend?  Would it run mythtv?  (I can't see
> why not.)

Main issue/question I have is around the remote.  If it is some sort of
Bluetooth thing similar to a Wiimote, then you'd need some other LIRC
compatible source, or determine if the one that comes with emulates a
keyboard or something.  Even if all that works out, none of it would do me
any good, since I would need to make it controllable via my programmable
Harmony remote in order to really integrate it into my TV/AV system.  Of
course, there's always external IR stuff, which if you were truly going to
mount it on the BACK of a tv, would be needed anyway, so overall this is the
one piece that needs to get figured out.