[mythtv-users] CBS HD content suddenly doesn't play

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 02:39:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Jacob Steenhagen <jacob at steenhagen.us> wrote:

> Channel 3 in Michigan is definitely still giving me fits. Heck, my problem
> started probably 3 weeks ago, so after yours was solved. If I go into a
> recording by accident, I have to manually kill mythfrontend. I haven't tried
> transcoding yet (in fact, I've never successfully transcoded anything), but
> I may have to as the WAF is in decline.

I just watched "Big Bang Theory" on my myth system, recorded off
WWTV-DT, the CBS affiliate for my little slice of Michigan - no
problems.  I don't have the patience to setup an antenna, so I record
the Clear-QAM version that Charter carries on their digital cable
line-up.  I don't transcode for two reasons, A) The additional
processing makes SD recordings look even worse and B) Myth's auto
transcoding feature downmixes DD5.1 into 2.0 and that's just no good!

-Gordon