[mythtv-users] live-tv

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:37:41 UTC 2009

> One thing you could do, if you have a universal remote from someone like
> Logitech is program the off button to also send a signal to exit live tv.
> However, if you are not on live tv when shutting it off this may cause other
> problems.

This is exactly what I do.  I didn't have the live tv issues as much (we
dont watch it thru myth) but i did have issues with her leaving the Watch
Recordings screen open.  This would cause the thumbnail to be playing all
them time.  Eating resources and causing the machine not to idle down.

To fix it my Harmony sends a '*' key which is mapped in Myth for a Goto Home
Screen jumppoint. this is sent during poweroff.

This way everytime you start the system you are at home.  Saves resources
and the girl likes it cause if i was in some area shes not familar with she
wouldnt want to break it.  Now its always the same.

~Mitchell