[mythtv-users] AC3 sound does not work

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 06:36:10 UTC 2009

On 13/04/2009, Joacim J <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I have read it but have not seem what can cause my problem (or I am
> blind)

Please don't top-post.

Most likely cause: you have a broken /home/mythtv/.asoundrc file that
could be masking a working /etc/asound.conf file.

If your other 'normal' users with working sound have their own
.asoundrc files, place a good copy in your MythTV user's home
directory directory. If all users are to use a single asound
configuration file (which can simplify things), remove all
user-specific .asoundrc files as Allen's wiki page suggests, and use
the system-wide /etc/asound.conf file.

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: