[mythtv-users] recording profiles not updating

Audio Phile da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 22:05:01 UTC 2009

I am experiencing an issue with
recording profiles using the current (0.21) release of mythtv. When I
make changes to an existing profile (resolution for example) the chages
are not reflected in my recordings. Also, if I make a new profile, I
don't see it as an option when I setup a recording.

1) I made a change to the 'High Quality' profile switching the res from
640x480 to 720x480. I see this reflected in the profile itself when I
browse to it (Setup>TV Settings>Recording Profiles>MPEG-2
Encoders (PVR-250, PVR-350) but my captures are still in 640x480.

2) I created a new profile I called '720-high' and set it up to my
liking. The profile is there when I view them (Setup>TV
Settings>Recording Profiles>MPEG-2 Encoders (PVR-250, PVR-350)
but it is not present as an option for setting up new recordings
neither in mythweb, nor through the mythfrontend.