[mythtv-users] HDHR working but channel mapping is incorrect

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:42:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> says:
>> However the app that comes with the HDHR for Windows that scans the
>> cable for digital channels gives a very long list of channels.
>
> I see you are trying your HDHomeRun out with both an antenna (ATSC or
> 8vsb) and your cable feed (QAM). As my only experience with QAM is one
> abortive night of experimenting I can't help here. That said,

Actually, no, that's not my intention and is likely a big part of the
problem. I only intended to use cable. I have no OTA antenna here
right now. I'm thinking that possibly I've set up the wrong sort of
line-up at SchedulesDirect, choosing OTA vs cable???

>> However that app can use VLC to play TV channels and they seem to
>> work. The complete blow 100 digital line-up seems to be working.
>
> That's promising; hopefully most or even all your cable channels will
> be available through the HDHomeRun.

Yes, I hope that's the case once I figure out how to get the stations
identified correctly.

Thanks,
Mark