[mythtv-users] live-tv

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Apr 12 03:45:20 UTC 2009

Hi

Yes, that is exactly what would happen.

I ran into this problem when I lived at home with my parents. Being the kid with no real expenses my earnings from my part time job bought the HDTV. And I hooked it up to my Myth box.

They would watch TV when I was not home and “shut it off” via the power button assuming that doing so also turned off live tv. I came home once from a weekend trip with like 24 hours + of recordings.

One thing you could do, if you have a universal remote from someone like Logitech is program the off button to also send a signal to exit live tv. However, if you are not on live tv when shutting it off this may cause other problems.

Marc

There's a mysql setting you can apply that will stop livetv if left idle for more that a set time.

I set mine at 3 hours.

I was talking about several years ago. I have no use for it now. I’m the only one who watches live tv in myth now.

My wife watches live tv from the cable box itself when she wants to. And we watch recordings together. So she never has to play with myth.