[mythtv-users] HDHR working but channel mapping is incorrect

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 02:33:01 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   OK, today I finally got around to bringing up the HDHR I bought a
> couple of months ago but haven't had time to work with. I'm attempting
> to follow instructions here::
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun#North_America_Digital_Cable
>
>   Recording works and both the picture and audio are good but it
> seems that channel numbering is very wrong and I'm unclear how to
> proceed.
>
>   Here is a portion of what I see at SchedulesDirect for my digital line-up:
>
> 2-1KTVUDT       2-2KTVUDT2
> 4-1KRONDT       4-2KRONDT2
> 5-1KPIXDT
> 6-1KVIEDT       6-2KVIEDT2      6-3KVIEDT3
> 7-1KGODT        7-2KGODT2       7-3KGODT3
> 8-1KSBWDT       8-2KSBWDT2
> 9-1KQEDDT       9-2KQEDDT2      9-3KQEDDT3
> 10-1KXTVDT      10-2KXTVDT2
> 11-1KNTVDT      11-2KNTVDT2    11-3KNTVDT3
> 13-1KOVRDT      13-2KOVRDT2
> 14-1KDTVDT
> 20-1KOFYDT      20-4KOFYDT4
> 25-1KQETDT      25-2KQETDT2     25-3KQETDT3     25-4KQETDT4     25-5KQETDT5
>
>   When I Watch Live TV and tune by hand I get a few that are right
> most are wrong:
>
> 2.1 - KTVU-HD
> 2.2 is a Spanish station that says LATV in the upper right.
> 4.1 doesn't tune
> 4.2 is KRON-HD
> 5.1 is KPIX-HD
> 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 don't tune
> 7.1 is KGO-DT
> 7.2 is KGO-New
> 7.3 is KGO Weather
> 8.1, 8.2 don't tune
> 9.1 is KQED-HD in S.F.
> 9.2 says Encore but seems to be KTEH-HD, the local PBS in San Jose but
> without the same ads...
> 9.3 doesn't tune
>
>   Anyways, it's all very strange and certainly not correct. I'm sure
> this probably isn't enough info to get a single answer to fix the
> problem but maybe someone can point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

A little more info. The SiliconDust web site page for my zip code
seems to be pretty wrong in terms of what it says is available:

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineupui/US:95032

However the app that comes with the HDHR for Windows that scans the
cable for digital channels gives a very long list of channels. That
app uses channel numbers like 78-1 instead of 5.1. However that app
can use VLC to play TV channels and they seem to work. The complete
blow 100 digital line-up seems to be working.

How am I supposed to map these numbers into Myth?

Thanks,
Mark