[mythtv-users] CPU & CPU Temp

Mr. Vining myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com
Sun Apr 12 01:28:24 UTC 2009

On Apr 11, 2009, at 7:13 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> 2009/4/12 Mr. Vining <myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com>:
>> So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a few of these boards.  I
>> don't suppose
>> it will take much RAM, but it's cheep now days so I'll put in a
>> pair of 1
>> gig chips.  My only other question is does full HDMI support
>> include 1080p
>> and analog audio?
>
> Of course.
> Any HDMI or DVI port can do up to 1920x1200...
>
> That board has 7.1 analog audio out. But you intend to run analog
> audio, you don't need that board really. It woul be heaps cheaper to
> use a chip intel board with a discrete nvidia card..

This is quite a bit off topic from my original question but w/e; I
guess that's the nature of a discussion.  I'm having some issues with
getting the audio working on my TVs.  All 4 of my TVs are Sony, and
when I connect to them via HDMI in every flavor of Linux I have tried
(not many) the audio settings don't seem to be quite right.  No audio
comes through the TV, but the TV actually is receiving audio signal
because it will not let me use the audio inputs associated with the
HDMI port.  Bottom line, if a Sony TV detects audio off of the HDMI
port it will disable the RCA audio in.  I know it is just a setting
I'm missing someplace but I have yet to find it.  I could care less
how the audio gets to the TV, but it looks like I'm going to need to
figure out the problem either way.  I have messed around a bit in a
program called alsamixer but haven't found what i need in there either.