[mythtv-users] rescanning new comcast QAM256 channels (old analog) with hdhomerun

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Sat Apr 11 00:44:15 UTC 2009

So, I was looking at switching my setup to change my analog channels to the
hdhomerun equivalent.

I went to
http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineupui/US:95014
and it shows some of my analog channels are in the 78-x and 107-y ranges.

Problem is that when I rescanned with hdhomerun in mythtv-setup, it picked
up a few extra channels, but not the ones I needed.
Yet, I do receive the 78-x and 107-y channels on my QAM capable TV.

I'm not too sure why the hdhomerun scan skipped those.
Is there a way to force hdhomerun to scan a channel that hasn't been picked
up by the scan?

Have others had the same problem?
Any ideas?

Thanks,