[mythtv-users] CPU & CPU Temp

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 23:48:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Mr. Vining <
myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com> wrote:

> I've been using Mythbuntu for my front end and I'm loving it.  I'm the
> first of any of my friends to really try Linux, so I'm pretty newb. I'm
> about to build a frontend for my bedroom and living room.  Sound actually is
> an issue in these areas so I'm looking to build a pretty quiet computer.
>  I'm looking at:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125098
> but I am worried about the heat.  Does Linux / Myth have any tools for
> checking on the temp of CPU and GPU?

umm no point of spending a $100 on video card...

Get this one.  almost a third the price and its still 100% capable of any
linux tec (VDPAU)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127342

yes, you can check the temp of cpu...see lm_sensors.

mitchell

--
Mitchell