[mythtv-users] Quicktime 1080p mov files smoother than 720p mkv (Debian)

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Fri Apr 10 16:13:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> from jean-yves or mplayer with the patches from nvidia. If you are

The nvidia patches are deprecated. Use mplayer svn trunk and it will work.
Debian is all about stability, I doubt even testing will have VDPAU for a
while. If you want to build from source, you certainly can. A simple
"apt-get build-dep mplayer" will get you what you need. If you want
binaries, switch to Mythbuntu.

Of course, I have to do both. I have to build my own libmythtv as the fsyncs
are causing issues on my combined BE/FE system.