[mythtv-users] Can't seem to get the frontend to use my remote...

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Fri Apr 10 12:36:58 UTC 2009

Hi!

I'm rebuilding my frontend/backend and I can't seem to get it to recognize my remote
control which used to work before I rebuilt it.

I've put a lircrc in /home/mythtv/.mythtv and a .lircrc in /home/mythtv (actually a
symbolic link) as instructed in the howtos I have looked at.

I made sure both were accessible by the mythtv user (the user under which the
frontend runs).

If I use irw the keys pressed on the remote are properly recognized.

If I start the frontend with verbose logging I can see that it sees the lircrc.

re:

LIRC: Successfully initialized '/dev/lircd' using '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc' config

Even though I doubt (because irw works) the problem was with the hardware I've tried
both the original remote (the one that came with a PVR-150 MCE) and a (real?)
Microsoft MCE remote (both of which are supported by lirc_mceusb2) and their receiver
and neither worked.

I'm running trunk under Fedora 10 x86_64 with the lirc-0.8.4a-2 packages...

Can anybody suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!

Nick