[mythtv-users] "Video Mode not supported" if PC turned on before TV

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:01:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:
> None of my TV computers recognize their displays unless the display is on
> when the computer boots.  But so long as the display is on at the time of
> boot, i can turn my display off and on, as long as I keep the machine
> running.  Is this consistent with what you see?

That's similar, but without the consistency! For me even if the TV is
on at boot time, when I turn the TV off and on again it loses the
signal (well it says "Video mode not supported" instead of "no
signal"). Similarly if I change input modes on the TV, and then go
back to the PC.

I've also had a couple of times recently when I've turned the TV on,
then the PC, and I've had "video mode not supported" all through the
boot process (no BIOS messages shown either), then I turn the PC off
and on again and it suddenly works (with BIOS messages shown). Because
I'm only occasionally seeing the BIOS, I'm reasonably sure it can't be
a problem with my X config.

Thanks,

Jonny