[mythtv-users] First ION desktop officially announced - Acer AspireRevo

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:29:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> Josh White wrote:
>
>> Then I suppose it's the word "popular" that's misapplied.  What it really
>> means in that context is what is the most "common" browser.  The most
>> "popular" guy in school is not the same as the most "common" guy in school.
>>

> No, I get what you're saying.  But that's not really the way the word
> popular is used in marketing contexts.  When people talk about the most
> popular vehicle in America, it's usually something like an F150 pickup.  If
> it were really a popularity contest the way you mean it, it'd probably be
> the Corvette, but a lot fewer people actually drive one. ;)

I'm not sure that's the best analogy either.  Ask anyone that bought an F150
what they think of their choice, and the majority will probably say they
love it.  Try that with Internet Explorer.  If anyone in the world could
have a Corvette by simply clicking on a few links, downloading a file, and
running "setup.exe" most probably would.