[mythtv-users] First ION desktop officially announced - Acer AspireRevo

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:32:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> The upgrade is required for hdmi on most systems (1.0.18 or later).
>> Is there a spdif output on this?  I didn't see any connector in any of
>> the pictures.
>
> Hmmm...  Maybe I do have at least some updates then. I haven't looked at
> alsa on it since I set it up. There is an optical spdif port on it, it's in
> the main I/O panel.

see my post here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/376358#376358

The digital over HDMI out definately works.  You have to update alsa
and the BIOS to the latest revision.  I haven't been able to get the
TOSLink to light up, but I don't have anything to plug it into, so I
haven't tried -too- hard (the W&K AF falls when I spend too much time
tinkering with something I'm not using)...

--
Doug