[mythtv-users] First ION desktop officially announced - Acer AspireRevo

Paul pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 02:31:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Engagdet has a nice photo gallery and some more info from the press
>> release: http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/07/acer-launches-first-nvidia-ion-based-nettop-aspirerevo/
>

> Good specs. For $300, it's certainly a contender. Even better would be to sell it as bare hardware without the OS and perhaps the HDD, but that's really only useful to people like us, so I expect that's not likely to happen. :) Looks nice too. If all the hardware is supported in Linux, that would be interesting indeed.

Gizmodo now has a hands on piece on their website:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5204432/acer-revo-and-nvidia-ion-hands-on-flawless-blu+ray-playback-changes-cheap-computers-forever

They seem to really like it. One of the things i find most interesting
is that they state there 40 ion based PCs in the pipeline. Seems
people looking to use this as a frontend may have a nice selection to
choose from.