[mythtv-users] Directly to DVD Menu in MythVideo?

Vern spamvern at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 20:54:07 UTC 2009

________________________________
From: Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:24:07 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Directly to DVD Menu in MythVideo?

Is there a way to setup MythVideo to go directly to the menu when I
start watching a DVD? I know that this has been fixed in the trunk (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5630 ), but I'm having an issue with
it freezing on the FBI screen in Mythbuntu 9.04 (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/288816 ), and I would like
to come up with some sort of work around so I can at least watch DVDs.

If there's no other option, then I'll just use an external player, but
I would like to use MythTV's player, if possible.

Thanks,
Dave

Even if you get to the menu, there is a very good chance you won't get to watch the DVD anyway.  The internal DVD player isn't very good in myth 0.21.

You can try either frantically hitting the left and right arrows which skip to the next chapter and might get you to the menu.  Or you can define a remote key to something such as "Alt+M" and then in your keybindings table, make sure said key is defined for JUMPTODVDROOTMENU.  With that, one key will usually jump you right to the DVD menu where you have a 50% chance of not getting stuck on the short promo usually in front of actually playing the movie once you choose play.