[mythtv-users] First ION desktop officially announced - Acer AspireRevo

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Wed Apr 8 14:49:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Travis,
> Would you care to elaborate on how you make a nice FE box for $200?  :)

Sure. I've posted it a few times now.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12283828

You will need to pick a different CPU, but any AM2 CPU should get the job
done. Even a single core A64 would work. I've got it running on an X2 3800+
and use about 5% CPU while watching HD streams via VDPAU.

It's not nearly as small as this new ION based machine, but it's a very nice
little box. It even gets wife approval.  It's a little closer to $300, I'm
apparently getting senile. :)