[mythtv-users] Disk Arrangement and LVM + JFS

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Tue Apr 7 23:20:21 UTC 2009

So, despite my last question, I just tested the read rates on my 500GB PATA
and they were slower than the 500GB SATA.  Probably more to do with the
fact that it's an older drive than anything else.  So here is the
configuration I'm going to go with:

http://triton.homeip.net/tmp/HD%20Partitions.txt

I put it in a text document to preserve the tabs.  This gives me a RAID10
system drive (/) to support the speed of RAID0 but mirroring of RAID1.  The
/storage RAID5 will be used infrequently, thus not effecting the system
drive (which houses the VMWare images/etc) much.

Then the /media RAID5 will house media, which is written/read from
constantly.  I'm hoping since these 4 drives are independent of the system
(/) drive, there won't be much IO conflict there.

Thoughts?

Thanks again,
Ben