[mythtv-users] Compile .21-fixes under 64 bit

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Tue Apr 7 21:04:57 UTC 2009

I tried removing all parameters after configure, same error.  Here is the
relevant part of the error log:

gcc -pthread -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisabled-optimization -Wpointer-arith
-Wredundant-decls -Wno-pointer-sign -fomit-frame-pointer -c
cc1: warning: -funit-at-a-time is required for inlining of functions that
are only called once
gcc -pthread -rdynamic -export-dynamic -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--as-needed
-Wl,-rpath-link,\$(BUILD_ROOT)/libavcodec -Wl,-rpath-link,
ERROR! You must have FreeType installed to compile MythTV.

Should I see the "BUILD_ROOT" variable name?  Do I need to set an
environment variable manually?