[mythtv-users] How to use tmdb.pl with MythVideo/MythWeb

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Tue Apr 7 16:59:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 12:33 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> So this was running the script that's really known as imdb.pl (but you
> used a link called tmdb.pl because your system was set up to run
> tmdb.pl), right?

Right. I wanted to see if both scripts failed in the same way. My FE
doesn't seem to pass the movieid. I'm guessing it's because of extra
patches in the atrpm rpm but I haven't heard from Axel yet.

It's raining here now so maybe that's a good reason to install the
source and have a look... :-)

> >> Also, just to be sure, check your MythVideo grabber command lines
> >> settings to make sure they look right (especially the data one--with -D).
> >>
> > Couldn't find those in any setup menu, would that be in the source?
>
> No, in MythVideo settings in mythfrontend.  The settings, "Command to
> search for movie listings", "Command to search for movie posters",
> "Command to search for movie fanart" (if you're running trunk), and
> "Command to extract data for movies".  They're on page 4 of General
> settings under MythVideo.
>
> They should all be "/path/to/tmdb.pl" and have the arguments, "-M",
> "-P", "-B", and "-D", respectively--and nothing else.  Of, if running
> -fixes, they would be "/path/to/imdb.pl" with the same arguments, though
> "-M" may have some extra junk.

Ah, sorry, new to the video stuff. Yes, they all look correct.