[mythtv-users] How to use tmdb.pl with MythVideo/MythWeb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 7 16:33:41 UTC 2009

On 04/07/2009 09:34 AM, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 12:55 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> In that case, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.  If, as
>> mentioned in an earlier post, MythVideo actually calls tmdb.pl -D but
>> passes no inetref, the only guess I can come up with as to why MythVideo
>> is broken is the "M" in your revision number.
>>
> It the latest atrpms release, no idea what patches are in it.
>
>> If you've applied some of the patches that Robert McNamara wrote for the
>> metadata grabbing for TV series, etc., then removed them or updated or
>> something, it might have gotten broken.
>>
> yeah, looks like it. When I link imdb.pl to tmdb.pl I get a similar
> error. It looks like the movieid isn't being sent to the script
>
> 2009-04-07 06:25:43.430 Video Data Query: Executing
> "'/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl' -D " <<<<<<<<< NOTE
> 2009-04-07 06:25:43.592 Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl", line 411, in
> <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl", line 405, in main
>     print metadata_search(options.metadata_search).encode("utf8")
>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl", line 357, in
> metadata_search
>     meta = fetch_metadata(imdb_id)
>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl", line 260, in
> fetch_metadata
>     movie = imdb_access.get_movie(imdb_id)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/imdb/__init__.py", line 342, in
> get_movie
>     movieID = self._normalize_movieID(movieID)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/imdb/parser/http/__init__.py",
> line 300, in _normalize_movieID
>     raise IMDbParserError, 'invalid movieID "%s": %s' % (movieID, e)
> imdb._exceptions.IMDbParserError: invalid movieID "": invalid literal
> for int() with base 10: ''
>
> I'll cc Axel

So this was running the script that's really known as imdb.pl (but you
used a link called tmdb.pl because your system was set up to run
tmdb.pl), right?  Otherwise, the fact that it's running some imdb.py
stuff is worrisome--as that shouldn't be happening with tmdb.pl with the
"right" command lines.

>> I can say that it's working for others using trunk (including
>> Robert--who has used it with his current patches).
>>
>> Also, just to be sure, check your MythVideo grabber command lines
>> settings to make sure they look right (especially the data one--with -D).
>>
> Couldn't find those in any setup menu, would that be in the source?

No, in MythVideo settings in mythfrontend.  The settings, "Command to
search for movie listings", "Command to search for movie posters",
"Command to search for movie fanart" (if you're running trunk), and
"Command to extract data for movies".  They're on page 4 of General
settings under MythVideo.

They should all be "/path/to/tmdb.pl" and have the arguments, "-M",
"-P", "-B", and "-D", respectively--and nothing else.  Of, if running
-fixes, they would be "/path/to/imdb.pl" with the same arguments, though
"-M" may have some extra junk.

Mike