[mythtv-users] Ubuntu VDPAU Repo crashing on screen configure

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:27:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/4/7 Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>:
>> Is there anything that I can do to help? Like could I do the
>> compilation and send you the result or something?
>
> can you post the output when running mythfrontend from a command line?
>
> Look like you've uncovered a problem with the mythbuntu Jaunty packages.
>
> I tried using the official mythtv packages that comes with ubuntu 9.04
> beta, as well as the mythbuntu weekly packages:
> they both segfault when the mysql configuration is incorrect..
>
> Jean-Yves

I am also having problems with my upcoming recordings not showing up
unless a recording is happening (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/356789 ) and I was told that it's
probably caused by a database corruption problem and that I should try
and do a repair, but maybe there's a broader problem with Jaunty and
the database configuration.

What's the easiest way to capture the output from mythfrontend when I
run it on the command line? I've tried the redirection to a file, but
the problem is that it spawns it's own terminal when I run it from the
command line and none of the output ends up being saved to the file.

Dave