[mythtv-users] Ripped DVD recordings have skips

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Tue Apr 7 13:01:11 UTC 2009

Allen Edwards wrote:
> Watched a video tonight and there were several skips in it, perhaps as
> many as 5 in the movie.  My daughter said the same thing happened to
> her on another movie.  She said it is in the recording and not in the
> playback.  I had a frontend log going and nothing showed up on that.
>  The skips seem like a 1/2 second missing, more or less.
>
> I searched the archives YTD and didn't find anything.
>
> Anyone know about this?  I have mythbuntu 8.04 fixes 19878 on an AMD 5400+
>
> What log file should I run the next time I have a movie to rip?
>
> Is there a file I need to update?  I don't do updates unless I know
> for sure it will fix a problem as they always seem to break some
> unrelated feature.
>
> Allen

I noticed what may be similar on a movie rip this weekend. The movie was
ripped with DVDHDFab under Wine and then the directory containing the
VIDEO_TS folder was dumped into my Myth video directory. When watching
the movie I saw two or three brief periods of black. Less than a second
each time. It could have been the movie skipping or just a section of
black in the video. It was not distracting enough for me look in the log
files and see what happened.

Is this what happened for you?

I am running Mythbuntu 8.10 with Jean-Yves VDPAU repo. I am at 20xxx
something.

Cheers,
James