[mythtv-users] Disk Arrangement and LVM + JFS

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 00:51:47 UTC 2009

> Interesting.. Is it odd that all my arrays have 0 set for
> stripe_cache_active?
When it is not using the stripe cache it will be 0. If you write a big
file this will go up from 0.

> stripe_cache_size is also only set to 256.

I usually make this 1024 or 2048 with my arrays at work.

I have 15TB+ here of software raid 5 and 6 using 750GB or smaller
drives. One server still runs with 10 x 250 GB SATA1 raid 6 + 5 x
250GB sata1 raid 5. But that is a 5 year old system the newer ones
have 6 to 8 320 or 750 GB drives in software raid 6 and the fastest of
these with the 750GB seagate 7200.11 raid 6 nets over 300MB/s reads
and over 200MB/s writes with a 2048 stripe cache and 64k chunks size.

John