[mythtv-users] MythWeb filename to actual filename

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Mon Apr 6 21:07:17 UTC 2009

Bob Long wrote:
> Steve Daniels wrote:
>> 2009/4/3 David Fishburn <dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com>:
>>> How do you map this URL:
>>> mythweb/tv/detail/1010/1238544000
>>>
>>> To the actual filename on the filesystem?
>>>
>>> I would have thought there would be a:
>>> recordings/1010_1238544000.mpg
>>>
>>> But there isn't.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> Dave
>>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Quick question, why do you want to do this?
>>
>> Steve Daniels
>
> I'm not Dave, but here's why I'd find it handy. I often want to
> transfer a file over the network to my Windows box from the Mythbox.
> MythWeb shows the file as a link to
> http://mythbox:8080/mythweb/tv/detail/1010/1238750700; I have a drive
> mapped to the mythbox but the file names are not obviously related.
> For example, the matching one is 1010_20090403192500.mpg. Makes it
> harder to grab the correct file.
>
> As it happens, a relatively easy work around is to view the mapped
> files as thumbnails. Then I can see the thumbnail which matches the
> MythWeb preview image and I grab the matching .mpg file next to the
> thumbnail.

I actually just ran into a situation in which I wanted to know the
actual on disk filename. It seems that recent CBS recording are giving
me all kinds of fits playing back with using XvMC in Myth's builtin
player. And my system doesn't have the horsepower to play them w/out
XvMC. However, Xine will play them just fine... but I need to know which
file to load into Xine.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us

This message is digitally signed with GnuPG using the Enigmail Thunderbird plugin.
My public key: http://jacob.steenhagen.us/gpgkey.asc (91DE47A9)