[mythtv-users] Quicktime 1080p mov files smoother than 720p mkv (Debian)

Paul Gallaway pgallaway at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 14:15:16 UTC 2009

[snip]
> mythtv-debian:~# glxinfo | grep direct
> direct rendering: Yes
>     GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_direct_state_access,
> mythtv-debian:~# xvinfo
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
>   Adaptor #0: "NV17 Video Texture"
>     number of ports: 32
>     port base: 283
>     operations supported: PutImage
>     supported visuals:
[snip]

Thought of something else. Are you using the internal player? I've had
to resort to using mplayer for h.264 files and VLC for DVD playback.
There have been a number of discussions that the the 0.21-fixes branch
uses internal libraries from an older version of ffmpeg that are
somewhat outdated relative to what is in mplayer, VLC, xine etc. See
if the file will work through mplayer from the command line. If that
works you can change the program used per file extension under the
mythvideo setup screen. Let us know how it goes.

~pAul.