[mythtv-users] How to use tmdb.pl with MythVideo/MythWeb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 6 01:49:14 UTC 2009

On 04/05/2009 08:34 PM, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 19:17 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> That means you're running the tmdb.pl from trunk r20282 (plus your local
>> modifications) instead of the tmdb.pl from trunk r20306 or later--the
>> one I said in the original post that you /must/ be running for it to
>> work.  ;)  (Re-read the parts about, "Similarly, trunk users who haven't
>> updated to r20306 (from earlier today, Apr 4, 2009) or beyond will need
>> to download an updated tmdb.pl..."
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/377820#377820
>>
> I thought I did that. I moved the orig to .save and copied the new one.
> So now it's:
>
> athlon:scripts > diff tmdb.pl tmdb.pl.save
> 365,371c365
> <     # ignore any options, such as those used by imdb.pl
> <     my $options = shift || die "Usage : $0 -M <query>\n";
> <     my $query = shift;
> <     if (!$query) {
> <        $query = $options;
> <        $options = "";
> <     }
> ---

Oh...  Yeah, you've got the right one.

Looking at your other message, I now realize that wasn't the issue...
The -M was the one that got changed (as your diff shows), but yours
failed on -D.

That probably means that the movie you're looking up /is/ in themoviedb.org:

>  2009-04-05 15:45:12.363 GetVideoList returned 1 possible matches

but the IMDB reference number is not.  Since you didn't provide the
movie title, please try to look it up on the website and take this
opportunity to contribute back--add at least the IMDB reference number
(and any other information you like--note that non-factual information,
such as plot/description, must be in your own words).  The IMDB
reference number can be edited by clicking "edit" next to "Movie
Facts"--note that you'll need an account and need to log in to edit.

Guess this is also one of the places where I remind people that tmdb.pl
is a work in progress and when you find things that don't work with it,
posting here--to the -users lists--with the error message and the movie
title/ID on which it's failing would allow someone to write a patch to
make the script a little more robust.

I.e., it seems we need some code in MythVideo to handle results with no
IMDB reference number.

Mike