[mythtv-users] long delays responding to keystrokes and ir events

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 14:27:43 UTC 2009

My myth box has become almost unusable due to this delay issue.  I have to
reboot to get it to work at all.  What bothers me is that I have done
nothing to the machine except use it, no updates or fresh installs and
suddenly the delay problem goes from once a month to once several times a
show. Once I reboot, I can get through a show but before that, every time I
hit a key I get a multi-minute delay.
I have seen the patch that may address this and understand that updating the
fixes may also help.  However, I am not experienced enough to know what to
do with this patch file.  Is there a detailed set of instructions, like 50
numbered steps, that will fix this problem?

Allen