[mythtv-users] recommendations for building new FE/BE HDTV system?

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sun Apr 5 13:02:56 UTC 2009

John-Marc Chandonia <jmc at dolorespark.org> writes:

>     Any thoughts on the Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H?  I see it was
> discussed briefly on this list a few months ago--are people still
> happy with it?  It looks like the integrated graphics will work well
> with all types of VDPAU decoding.
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128363

I'm happy with this board, but had trouble because I tried to use it
with an older Debian installation.  In the end I found that you need
a recent kernel for the hard drives to be recognized and a recent grub
for the nvidia card to work properly.  "Recent" probably only means
within the past year or so, so if you are planning to install from scratch
you should be fine.

Dan