[mythtv-users] Kernel 2.6.29.1 + 180.* = DISASTER

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Apr 5 01:02:59 UTC 2009

OK, so  I'm living on the bleeding edge....  I upgraded my system to
2.6.29.1, and the only nvidia drivers that compile are 18?.*.   But all
those drivers give me the following error on running myth:

X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 143
  Major opcode:  142
  Minor opcode:  6
  Resource id:  0x28000c2
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  56
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x0

These errors appear in rapid sequence, many a second.

And the myth screen stays black.   I can work through the menus "by
feel" and live TV, mythmusic, etc. start, but the screen is black.

Is anyone else running into this?  I've googled all over the place and
it appears to be some sort of conflict with GL libs and/or a bug in qt.

Anyone shed light on this?

I've tried mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=opengl and mythfrontend -O
ThemePainter=qt

with opengl I get the main menus but the screen goes black when I select
anything like Watch Recordings.

It's definitely a rendering problem.....

I'm running 0.21-fixes from quite a while ago.

?????

I don't mind trying 0.22 if it's out / close to done....  But before I
go that painful route I'd like to get an idea if that will fix the problem.

--Yan

--
Yan Seiner

Support my bid for the 4J School Board.