[mythtv-users] LiveTV on Popcorn Hour using MythBackend & LLink

AntiCat mythtv at anticat.ch
Sat Apr 4 21:17:49 UTC 2009

Hi everyone

I did an quick 'n dirty PopcornHour-Mod
https://ssl.bugfree.ch/svn/llink-mod/trunk/) based on LLink-2.2.0
http://www.lundman.net/wiki/index.php/Llink.

This Mod enables browsing of MythTV recordings and watching live tv on a
Popcorn Hour.

The implementation is at a very early stage and has some know imitations
I hope to be able to fix them soon. (All of them are live tv related).

- Only one Recorder is Supported at the moment
   (ID-Defined in configuration file)
- On some channels the playback has to be started 2x in a row to get a
   stable stream. (PCH is requesting more data then there is available
   (timeout after recording start, to large buffersize)

It if you want to risk it :-) it should be easy to get started.

1. You need to make sure you have the openssl and mysql-client headers
2. svn co https://ssl.bugfree.ch/svn/llink-mod/trunk llink-mod
3. cd llink-mod
4. ./configure
5. make
6. cd src
7. edit llink.conf and add
    ROOT|user=myuser|pass=mypassword|db=mythtv-databasename\
    |path=path-to-storrage|recorder=capture-card-id
8. start the server with ./llink -d

No warranty what so ever, this goes for (but not limited to) this
program, any program that ships with it, your OS, your hardware etc.

If you have any questions, inspirations or patches feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes
Andreas Dröscher