[mythtv-users] "Video Mode not supported" if PC turned on before TV

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Apr 4 15:05:31 UTC 2009

Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> says:
> I don't remember whether or not I had to turn on a special config
> option, but if I look in the X log, it enumerates all of the modes
> that are supported by my TV.

For the curious, the easy way to generate such data as Ronald has in
his Xorg.0.log is by putting

    Option "ModeDebug" "true"

in the Screen (not Device) section of xorg.conf. I believe the
resulting debugging data also nicely replaces the Windows PowerStrip
utility that is sometimes suggested for extracing EDID modelines from
a monitor.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array