[mythtv-users] Setting NON 60 hz modes with MythBuntu 8.10 Nvidia 180

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 10:41:05 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/4  <w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com>:
> When I edit my xorg.conf and reboot I get an error saying “could not pars
> xorg.conf”.

Well, edit your xorg.conf , make sure your syntax is correct.

BTW, you don't need to reboot to try your new Xorg configure

sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart

/var/log/Xorg.0.log will contain the exact error of what is happening.

BTW, the simplest solution for you to get rates other than 60Hz is to
do something like:

Start a terminal:
type:
sudo nvidia-xconfig

Then nvidia-settings

and uncheck "Force GPU scaling".

This will allow you to use non-60Hz frequencies.

Obviously, the solution on my site is better as it provides a much
greater level of tuning ... but at least, that way you don't have to
edit xorg.conf and create errors.

JY