[mythtv-users] Remove dead slave server from database?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Apr 3 22:58:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, April 3, 2009 2:07 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Along with rental fees for STBs, costs of IR Blasters, higher
> electricity bills, more maintenance problems, etc.

I'm lucky in that my STB supports channel-changing via serial port, so I
haven't had to mess with an IR blaster.  It's been quite trouble free
other than the cat getting back there and knocking the serial cable loose
a couple of times.  The electrical bill is probably a wash, because if I
took the STB out I'd have to replace it with an HDHR or a tuner card, both
of which would consume power of their own.