[mythtv-users] User job runs on wrong backend

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Apr 3 17:10:37 UTC 2009

I have a system with a master and slave backend which on the whole
works well, with one exception, sometimes user jobs try to run on the
wrong backend!

I've created three user jobs, the first is self contained in one line,
the other two call an external script as follows:

User Job #1 Description		Fix BBC HD DD Audio
User Job #1 Command		mv "%DIR%/%FILE%" "%DIR%/%FILE%.ts" ; bbe -e "s/
\xFF\x00\x00\x01\xC0/\xFF\x00\x00\x01\xBD/" "%DIR%/%FILE%.ts > "%DIR%/
%FILE%" ;
User Job #2 Description		Remux BBC HD
User Job #2 Command		/usr/local/bin/tsfix.sh "%DIR%" "%FILE" "/usr/
local/bin/BBCHD.meta"
User Job #3 Description		Remux ITV HD
User Job #3 Command		/usr/local/bin/tsfix.sh "%DIR%" "%FILE" "/usr/
local/bin/ITVHD.meta"

I've double checked that all the scripts, binaries, other files and
directories used are present and writable by mythtv user on both
backends, the maximum simultaneous jobs is set to 1 as the scripts are
not written to cope otherwise. The user jobs are allowed on both
backends and run jobs only on original recording backend is on, I can
run the scripts by hand.

Yet quite often the jobs fail, when I checked the mythbackend.log I
see that the script has failed because it has passed a %DIR% variable
that is a myth://ip.add:6543/filename.mpg this is in the log on both
backends and checking files this is when the file is present on the
other backend, so it's happening both ways around not just everything
trying to execute on the master.

I'm scheduling jobs as part of the recording and from Mythweb on the
master backend as a second attempt when I discover they have failed.
When the job runs on the correct backend it completes successfully.

I can't find any mention of anyone else having any related problems on
the wiki or in the mailing list archive and I'm lost as to where to
look next.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 32bit on the master, 8.10 64bit on the slave
but both are running Muthbuntu weekly builds of .21-fixes rather than
the Ubuntu stock MythTV packages. The master backend has a Nova T500
dual DVBT card and a Nova S2, the slave backend has a Nova HD S2.

Any clues as to where to look next?

Andre