[mythtv-users] Remove dead slave server from database?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:42:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> While it might be 30 seconds for you, it's never been less than 30-60
> minutes for me, including some testing that everything is probably set
> up correctly, doing a reboot to ensure everything comes up correctly,
> looking through log files, etc.

It's a quick operation because the lineups, channels, rules, etc. are
associated with the Video/Listings source, not the tuner card.  So
what Mike is saying is you delete all the Tuner Cards (Mythtv-setup
step 2), recreate them, and then just to Step 4 and attach them to the
inputs.  You skip step 3 entirely and everything will look and act
exactly as it always has.  He's not exaggerating to say that it's a
30-60 second operation.  Once you do it, you'll go "I can't believe
it's that easy!"  :)

> Seems strange to me that the database doesn't have something akin to a
> slave server ID and a simple command to remove everything related to
> that server ID. I guess not though.

It's not myth's fault, it's just how databases work.  You can't reset
the counter on the whole table without truncating th table.

Robert