[mythtv-users] MythWeb filename to actual filename

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Fri Apr 3 13:19:50 UTC 2009

Steve Daniels wrote:
> 2009/4/3 David Fishburn <dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com>:
>> How do you map this URL:
>> mythweb/tv/detail/1010/1238544000
>>
>> To the actual filename on the filesystem?
>>
>> I would have thought there would be a:
>> recordings/1010_1238544000.mpg
>>
>> But there isn't.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Dave
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Quick question, why do you want to do this?
>
> Steve Daniels

I'm not Dave, but here's why I'd find it handy. I often want to transfer a
file over the network to my Windows box from the Mythbox. MythWeb shows the
file as a link to http://mythbox:8080/mythweb/tv/detail/1010/1238750700; I
have a drive mapped to the mythbox but the file names are not obviously
related. For example, the matching one is 1010_20090403192500.mpg. Makes it
harder to grab the correct file.

As it happens, a relatively easy work around is to view the mapped files as
thumbnails. Then I can see the thumbnail which matches the MythWeb preview
image and I grab the matching .mpg file next to the thumbnail.

--
Bob Long