[mythtv-users] database issues: 0.21 to trunk

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:16:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 22:09 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 04/02/2009 09:48 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
>
>> > # mysqldump mythconverg > mythconverg.sql
>> > mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table 'mythconverg.weatherdatalayout'
>> > doesn't exist when using LOCK TABLES
>
> I have determined that, somehow, I'm screwed. I copied over
> the /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg files from the old system to another
> 32-bit system running the same distro (Fedora 8) as the old system, and
> I get the same error when I try to run mysqldump there. Obviously the
> old database is corrupted and I'm screwed. It probably got corrupted
> when the system died. I'll either have to use a relatively old backup or
> find some other way to get my recording info into a newly-created
> database (I think I read there is a script that can help with this?)

Your probably thinking of this:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore. Look at the
partial restore in particular. I had to do this recently because of
something getting corrupt with one of my tuners. The partial restore
kept all of my recording data perfectly. I did have to go through and
setup my tuners and all the little frontend settings that you tweak
over the years, but it hasn't been that bad, and I figured out a few
new things along the way.