[mythtv-users] Debian/Gnome Screensaver

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 2 15:34:01 UTC 2009

On 04/01/2009 05:50 PM, Jongi wrote:
> Why does my MythTV not treat a video playing under mplayer as a signal
> not to start the screensaver?

Because that's MPlayer's job.  MythTV /never/ starts the screensaver--it
only tells it when not to activate.

If you start the screensaver, Myth will tell the screensaver, "I'm busy
now, so don't activate."  When Myth is no longer busy, it stops telling
the screensaver that it's busy, so the screensaver can /choose/ to
activate when it wants (according to the settings you've specified in
the screensaver program).  MPlayer should do the same (and does on my
system).

Mike