[mythtv-users] Auto-expire extra space setting and slow deletes

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Thu Apr 2 14:02:23 UTC 2009

Tom Dexter wrote:
> I'm trying to get an idea of what extra space setting I should use
> that, in theory, would allow a "full" system to continue without
> problems. I guess part of that depends on the actual speed of slow
> deletes.  I don't believe I've ever read exactly what that is, if
> someone knows offhand.

The slow delete speed is calculated to be at least 20% faster than your
estimated max recording rate. See MainServer::TruncateAndClose in
programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp for details.

Also, I believe that nothing will get auto-expired as long as slow
deletes are still in progress. At least that's how it used to be, it may
have changed. I am not sure how this works across multiple backends.

Bolek