[mythtv-users] Sony Vaio, perhaps?

Daniel Dunning dan3501 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 13:36:20 UTC 2009

I'd love some feedback regarding a configuration I am considering.  I am thinking about purchasing a Sony Vaio (from Costco online).  Obviously, I would trash Windows add an external HD.  Is this a configuration that would work, I would love to see feedback.  The specs are as follows:

Processor & Memory:
	* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10GHz)
	* 800MHz FSB
	* 3MB L2 Cache
	* 2GB 667MHz DDR2 - User Upgradable to 4GB
Drives:
	* 500GB SATA (7200RPM) Hard Drive
	* DVDRW/Blu-Ray Combo Drive (BD-ROM/DVDRDL/DVDRW/-RAM)
Graphics & Video:
	* 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400m GT Dedicated Graphics
	* TV Tuner (NTSC and ATSC support)
Communications:
	* 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN
	* 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet with RJ-45 interface
Audio:
	* Intel High Definition Audio
Expandability:
	* Multimedia Card Reader: MS, MS PRO, MS DUO
	* Secure Digital (SD memory card) slot
Other Interfaces:
	* 1x Ethernet Port
	* 1x HDMI-Output Connection
	* 1x Headphone Jack
	* 1x 4pin i.LINK connector(IEEE 1394)
	* 1x Microphone In Jack
	* 4x USB 2.0 Ports
	* 1x DC-IN
	* 1x S/PDIF Out
	* 1x WLAN Antenna
	* 2x TV Tuner (NTSC and ATSC support)
	* 1x VHF/UHF-Input (NTSC)
	* 1x VGA-Output
	* 1x IR-Output
Operating System:
	* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Supplied Accessories:
	* Remote Control
	* Wireless Keyboard
	* HDMI Cable