[mythtv-users] Router problem (thought it was solved, but..)

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Apr 1 23:51:09 UTC 2009

> Have you downloaded the most current firmware from Linksys and flashed that
> into the router? That's the first thing I would do. Even if you are
> runnning
> the latest version, it may have become corrupted somehow.
>
> Unles you want to try one of the many third-party firmwares available for
> that
> unit (assuming it is one of the Linux-based ones, some recent ones are
> not).
>
> But I wouldn't try a 3rd-party F/W unless the unit works properly with the
> manufacturer's software.
>
> --

Oh my goodness, I am such a clown. I just tried browsing as https, and it
loads fine. I had forgotten that last time I was in the GUI I had changed it
to browse via HTTPS, not HTTP. Excuse me while I sit in the corner for a
while ;)

And yes Brian, I am gonna grab the latest firmware from Linksys' site right
now.

Thanks
Bob