[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 20:59:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Larry J - Dell LT <larry at foxgulch.com> wrote:
>>

>> For what's worth,  in my Mythbuntu gnome desktop
>> System->Preferences->Screensaver (which you can also access from the command
>> line with  gnome-screensaver-preferences)    I   DO NOT have a check by
>> "Activate Screensaver when CPU Idle".    When I do a ps -A | grep gnome   I
>> DO see a process ID associated with the gnome-screen-sav.    But since
>> installing Josh's replacement  libmythavformat file, I haven't experienced
>> any   IR Remote Button Presses delays.   So here at least, it seems
>> sufficient just to NOT HAVE a check by "Activate Screensaver when CPU Idle".
>>   I never see the screensaver activate so I assume that my entry in the gui
>> has prevented the screen saver from activating/running.
>>
>> So I've made all the corrections suggested by Josh.
>>
>> 1.  Screensaver is configured not to activate
>>
>> 2.  Option "UseEvents" "True"' in the "Device"  section  of
>> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>>
>> 3.  Replaced  libmythavformat  with Josh's new and improved file.
>
> Have I missed a post somewhere? Where do I get this replacement
> libmythavformat file?

No, you haven't missed it -- I just emailed it to a couple people on
this thread who wanted to see if it helped (and it did for at least
one).  It's a 300KB gzipped file that you drop into /usr/lib.  Email
me directly and I'll send it to you if you want (with all the caveats
about trust that go along with dropping in a binary file some random
person sends you :-)

If you compile yourself, the patch is available in the ticket I filed:
  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6406.

Josh