[mythtv-users] OT: OTA CBS in Chicago?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Apr 1 17:06:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, April 1, 2009 3:30 am, Mw wrote:
> To make things worse, meteor scatter in the troposphere introduces a
> constantly shifting variable into the equation.

Not to mention tropo-ducting, which can occasionally be pretty impressive
on the Great Lakes.  I used to go to college in the Keweenaw area, and
every so often people would get VHF TV stations from Traverse City when
the weather patterns were right.  It's hard to plan for situations where
the atmosphere randomly decides to act like a waveguide. ;)

VHF propagation is fascinating, and occasionally infuriating. :)